Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Uncaught TypeError: e.parent.find is not a function

Solving

Uncaught TypeError: e.parent.find is not a function

• After updating WP and ACF to the latest versions, when I try to select a photo through the image field, I see the following error in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: e.parent.find is not a function
        at Object.acf.findFields (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:1)
        at Object.acf.getFields (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:1)
        at n.parents (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:1)
        at n.parent (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:1)
        at n.selectAttachment (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:2)
        at n.onClickAdd (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:2)
        at n.<anonymous> (acf-input.min.js?ver=5.8.7:1)
        at HTMLAnchorElement.d (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.3.2:2)
        at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.3.2:3)
        at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.3.2:3)

Please help me to solve this problem!

• I had the same issue which started with a JavaScript error.

In my case I had a problem with a Custom ACF Gutenberg block that was in preview mode.
    When you switch all the blocks to edit mode, then save the page and reload the page there should be no JavaScript error.

• I have the same problem with a Custom ACF block. Deleted all others and switched to edit mode didn’t help.

• I had a problem with rendering a JavaScript / iFrame in the admin view of a block.
    What you can do is change the admin view so that you don’t see the complete realtime rendered block but for example only an image or a small text.
    This is the solution in most cases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Uncaught TypeError: e.parent.find is not a function’ is closed to new replies.