Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < with autocomplete and front-end form

Helping

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < with autocomplete and front-end form

• I’m having issues with autocomplete, keeps giving me the Uncaught SyntaxError, I’m trying to do an ACF element that gets information from a postal code using geonames.org:

http://ws.geonames.org/postalCodeSearchJSON?placename=mx&username=demo&formatted=true&postalcode_startsWith=

The first field is for the postal code, where as you’re typing will giving you postal code suggestions and then, after selecting your postal code will add the information to next input fields (state, city, street).

I’ve tried different solutions, but I keep getting the same error, here’s a print screen:

Right now I don’t know if is something I’m not doing or a conflict with ACF, since I’ve used geonames and autocomplete for an advanced search plugin in other website, and autocomplete for a custom_post search in this same website.

• Hi @gabyferman ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

In order to rule out any chances of a plugin conflict, I would suggest that you try to deactivate any other plugins you may have installed see how it goes.

If the problem persists, kindly open a private support ticket so that we may be able to provide personalised support for the problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < with autocomplete and front-end form’ is closed to new replies.