Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Unable to enter values for taxonomy type field

Solving

Unable to enter values for taxonomy type field

• Hi, Need help with Taxonomy field.
    Problem is I’m unable to enter a value for a taxonomy field when I edit the custom post that contains the field – the select list is empty and I don’t understand how to populate it.

I have the taxonomy set up as follows:
    Field Label: Common Name
    Field Name : common_name
    Field Type : Taxonomy
    Taxonomy : common_name
    Field Name : Select

The field is registered using CPT_UI

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    David

• Do you have terms created in the taxonomy (common_name)?
    If not, do you have “Create Terms” set to yes?
    If you do have create terms set to yes, hover over the field and a (+) will appear over the upper right of the field, clicking this will let you add a term.

• Thanks for the reply, where do I find “Create Terms” – I’m using the acf free version 4.4.5

• Sorry, I assumed that you were using ACF5. Create terms in not available in ACF4.

In your case you will need to create the terms in the taxonomy through the standard WP editor before you can select them.

• Ok thanks, sorry for not mentioning that before, I’ll be buying the pro version soon.

• If you do have create terms set to yes, hover over the field and a (+) will appear over the upper right of the field, clicking this will let you add a term.

Thank you so much John, I have been searching for hours why I couldn’t add terms on the fly… It’s a shame the + sign doesn’t appear when you try to type a term that doesn’t exist. I had to read your post to be able to see this sign.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unable to enter values for taxonomy type field’ is closed to new replies.