Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO umlauts in ACF fields

Solving

umlauts in ACF fields

• i am checking my theme with the “theme check” plugin (https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/) and it gives me the error that there are umlauts in custom field labels:

“INFO: Non-printable characters were found in the acffields.php file. You may want to check this file for errors.
    – – –
    Line 105: ‘instructions’ => ‘Hier k��nnen Sie Zeilen f��r Uhrzeiten etc. hinzuf��gen.’,
    Line 116: ‘button_label’ => ‘Kondition hinzuf��gen’,
    Line 217: ‘label’ => ‘Erkl��rung’, … ”

should i replace umlauts in my exportet PHP fields?

• That file would be in the theme somewhere, not in the plugin. What theme are you using?

• shure that file is in the theme. i have build my own theme, i have exportet the custom fields and put it in the functions.php file within my theme (for version control on installed themes). the labels of the custom fields have umlauts. it’s no problem with the website at all but i wonder that the theme checker tells me this is an error.

• So those characters where entered into ACf to set up the fields and when they’re exported to PHP they are listed as unprintable. This is only a guess, but I’d say it has something to do with either the way they are entered, displayed during the export or copied and pasted into PHP.

It could also be something to do with the theme check plugin. It’s showing these as 2 unprintable characters when they are more than likely a single character.

I tried searching for additional information, but wasn’t able to find anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘umlauts in ACF fields’ is closed to new replies.