Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Turn ACF compatible with qTranslate

Turn ACF compatible with qTranslate

• I made a little change in api.php to turn ACF compatible with qTranslate.
    My code:

function the_field( $field_name, $post_id = false )                                                                                                                                                                          
    {                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
            $value = get_field($field_name, $post_id);                                                                                                                                                                           

if( is_array($value) )                                                                                                                                                                                               
            {                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
                    $value = @implode(', ',$value);                                                                                                                                                                              
            }                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
            echo __($value); //changed                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    } 

I don’t know if it is the better approach, but it works.
    Could you include this fix in future releases ?

• Hi @flunardelli

Thanks for the code. I’ll have a think about this before adding it in. Yes it is a simple and effective fix, but it also prevents a user from loading the DB value without it being translated to the current language which could effect some websites which use fields for attributes such as classes.

Thanks
    E

• You don’t need to modify ACF can just throw this in your functions.php

add_filter('acf/format_value_for_api', 'theme_format_value_for_api');
    function theme_format_value_for_api($value) {
            return is_string($value) ? __($value) : $value;
    }
  • I got it .. thx 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Turn ACF compatible with qTranslate’ is closed to new replies.