Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues True/False Not Working after adding post

Solved

True/False Not Working after adding post

• hi i have a big problem i create a true/false custom filed for default post type. and this custom field act like featured post.. eg: if true, news will show in front page slider. if not, it is a normal post. so my question and problem is when i set featured post one by one it shows featured slider smoothly but when i publish a couple of normal post (3 or more) the featured post are gone.. my font end code is :

<?php $temp = $wp_query; $wp_query= null; $wp_query = new WP_Query(); $wp_query->query('showposts=5' . '&paged='.$paged ); while ($wp_query->have_posts()) : $wp_query->the_post(); ?>
                        <?php if( get_field('featured_news')): ?>
                        <li>
                            <div class="left">
                                <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
                                <h2><?php if(the_field('sub_title') != ''){ ?> <?php the_field('sub_title'); ?> <?php } ?></h2>
                                <?php get_the_content_limit(250, 'Read more &rarr;'); ?>

</div>
                            <div class="right">
                                <div>
                                    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail( 'main_slider_image'); ?></a>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                        </li>

<?php endif; ?>
                        <?php wp_reset_postdata(); ?>
                        <?php endwhile; ?> 

the front end template snap is below.. (figure 1)
    and my backend post list is .. (figure 2)
    and my field setting are (figure 3)

Please Please Please help me….

• Hello, sorry to not answer to your question directly, but I proposed a different approach.

why not use an another category “slider” per example. With it, you just need to filter in the loop this category ? In the table of posts, the authors will see which post are tagged “slider” or not (In your Figure2 it is not possible actually). I thinking it will be more ergonomic for them.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @Yashi

There is a logic error in your code. You are loading 5 posts, but then within the loop you are checking for the value of ‘featured_news’.

If none of the 5 latest posts have this selected, then no HTML will be rendered.

What you indented to do was to query the posts with the a ‘featured_news’ value of 1. You can do this by following the tutorial here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/how-to/how-to-query-posts-filtered-by-custom-field-values/

To sum up, you want to query posts that have the custom field value, then remove the if statement completely

Thanks
    E

• @ Elliot your solution work fine… i apply first example method all good and i apply showposts => 5 and ordering method to show only latest 5 posts..it works. now i don’t need to create a category for featured news. custom field do the rest. thank you Elliot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘True/False Not Working after adding post’ is closed to new replies.