Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues ToolBar / TinyMCE not showing on 4.1.8.1

Solved

ToolBar / TinyMCE not showing on 4.1.8.1

• we just updated the plugin and was surprised that some of the fields has gone bad. No toolbar and tinyMCE visible on wysiwyg field

• Here’s what it looks now and its settings as well

• Hi @wdoutjah

Your screenshots show that you have a JS error on the page which is preventing the WYSIWYG field to load.

Can you open your console log and check for JS errors?

Thanks
    E

• I am having the same problem – I checked the console log and it does look like something is preventing the wysiwyg field from loading. It looks like this:

TypeError: tinyMCE.settings is undefined
    body = $(editor.getBody() );

TypeError: editor.getBody is not a function
    body = $(editor.getBody() );

I’m not super advanced in javascript, so I was wondering if there is an easier way of fixing this issue? Or thoughts on what could be preventing the wysiwyg field from loading?

Thanks, your help is much appreciated!

• Hi @alaena

The line:

TypeError: tinyMCE.settings is undefined

Shows that the tinyMce is not available. Have you turned off the WYSIWYG toolbar for your user?

• Hi elliot,
    Technically, no, I didn’t have the WYSIWYG toolbar turned off. HOWEVER, I am using a separate plugin called “CKEditor” to replace the default wordpress toolbar.

As soon as I turned the CKEditor off, success! Now the WYSIWYG toolbar displays properly.

I’m assuming it’s just a matter of the two plugins conflicting with each other? B/c the ACF custom fields plugin is probably connected to the default toolbar specifically?

Thanks for your help and quick response!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ToolBar / TinyMCE not showing on 4.1.8.1’ is closed to new replies.