Support

Account

Home Forums Pre-purchase Questions title/content in frontend form

Solved

title/content in frontend form

• I’m using the free version now. I have a front end form which includes custom fields which I later copy, programmatically, across to the post title and post content.

Does the PRO version 5 include the option to have the original WP post title & content fields included in a form so I can edit them directly without having to create a faux field to copy over to them?

Also, can I include the category and tag fields in a front end form?

Thnx

• Part 1, yes. There are attributes that can be added to show and use the title and content fields. They are covered here: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_form/

Part 2, as far as I know you can’t include the standard category and tag meta boxes on the front end form. I’ve seen several discussions about it and I’ve looked into it but have not found a way. I think this is more of a WP limitation than an ACF limitation. However, this also means that having a field group that with location rules that are dependent on a specific category or tag is also not possible. You’d need to use a Taxonomy field. Taxonomy fields can load and save the selected terms to the post automatically. For location rules, they can be used but it will require saving the post with the selected terms in order to see the conditional field groups.

Hope that helps,

~JH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘title/content in frontend form’ is closed to new replies.