Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports TinyMCE.Settings = undefined

Solving

TinyMCE.Settings = undefined

• Hello, I’m not sure if this issue has been addressed already but I feel it’s my duty to report the bug and how to get around it.

I’m using:
    Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m
    Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Wordpress Version 3.3.2
    Advanced Custom Fields Version 2.1.4
    TinyMCE Advanced Version 3.5.9

The problem:
    My problem was that when I had created a new custom post type using an image field, the “Add Image”-button did sometimes not bring up the upload div when clicked. I checked my console and then saw this error:

functions.input.js: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘theme_advanced_buttons1’ of undefined

I did som research and found that tinyMCE.settings was undefined, prohibiting the script to continue.

The workaround:
    To get around this bug, I found that when editing your post content. You can switch between “Visual” and “HTML”. If you have your “HTML” tag selected when you save your draft. The error will occur. However, if you switch back to “Visual” before saving, you will not get this error.

I hope this helps someone and that you can try to locate and fix the bug. Tell me if you need more information about this issue.

Take Care!

/S

• Hi @skabb

Thanks for the bug report. Can you please update your AF to the latest 4.2.2?
    This may help to fix the issue. If not, please report with any new info.

Thanks
    E

• Hi there @elliot!

I did try to update to update to ACF 4.2.2, but that gave me some problems with certain image fields and removing/creating new fields for some reason. I will look into it more and get back as soon as possible.

/S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘TinyMCE.Settings = undefined’ is closed to new replies.