I regularly use the acf-json feature as a handy way of version controlling ACF field groups using Git.
This works well on all of my sites, except one. The normal workflow is this: make local edits -> local ACF makes changes in acf-json -> sync the updated theme to the build server -> updated field groups work on the build server.
This works fine on a number of sites except one. On upgrading this site to 5.1.8 (from which version, I can’t remember), the site seemed to stop pulling in field groups from acf-json. I’ve temporarily worked around the issue by manually importing the JSON files.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this theme might have stopped working off acf-json? For the record, I don’t have PHP field definitions (as I think that they override JSON defs)
Ah-ha! I’ve discovered that this is a problem with WPML – if WPML is enabled, ACF neither reads from JSON, nor offers the ‘Sync Available’ option. @elliot and team, would you like to look at this further, or should I raise it with WPML?
For anyone else with this problem, you can temporarily disable WPML, do a sync and then re-enable it.
I do not have WPML installed, and I am also having the same issue.
I’ve been manually exporting fields that I generate using the ACF UI on my local environment, to PHP, and committing that PHP file to the staging site.
I wanted to start using the Local JSON feature to automate this process.
All the JSON files were successfully created when I went through my local UI and clicked “update” for every fieldgroup. But when I committed the new acf-json directory to the staging server (and un-included the php custom fields), no fields were detected by ACF. None at all. But they’re all there in the acf-json directory…
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users