Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Text field that should show content displays bool(false)

Solved

Text field that should show content displays bool(false)

• I have this in my template:

<?php if ( get_field( "volgende_pagina_link" ) ) : ?>
                <p class="articlenav"><a class="next" href="<?php the_field("volgende_pagina_link"); ?>"><?php the_field( "volgende_text" ); ?></a></p>
    <?php endif; ?>

The text field volgende_pagina_link displays as intended, volgende_text displays nothing even though it is filled in. I am certain the name of the field is spelled correctly.

When I do a var dump I get bool(false) as output for the volgende_text field, even though it certainly has content.

This is driving me mad…

ACF version 4.2.2
    WP version 3.6
    On a MAMP server.

• I have also tried this on the live server now and the problem prevails. Would really appreciate any help.

• Deleted and re-created the field, now it works. Weird.

• Hi @Florian

Thanks for the updates on this one. I’m not sure why the value was not being found, but could have something to do with a cached value which was fixed by creating a fresh field with a fresh ID.

Lets hope this issue does not re-surface. If it does, I can take a look myself if you are happy to post login details.

Cheers
    E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Text field that should show content displays bool(false)’ is closed to new replies.