Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Text field that should show content displays bool(false)

Solved

Text field that should show content displays bool(false)

• Florian

• September 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I have this in my template:

<?php if ( get_field( "volgende_pagina_link" ) ) : ?>
                <p class="articlenav"><a class="next" href="<?php the_field("volgende_pagina_link"); ?>"><?php the_field( "volgende_text" ); ?></a></p>
    <?php endif; ?>

The text field volgende_pagina_link displays as intended, volgende_text displays nothing even though it is filled in. I am certain the name of the field is spelled correctly.

When I do a var dump I get bool(false) as output for the volgende_text field, even though it certainly has content.

This is driving me mad…

ACF version 4.2.2
    WP version 3.6
    On a MAMP server.

• Florian

• September 6, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I have also tried this on the live server now and the problem prevails. Would really appreciate any help.

• Florian

• September 6, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Deleted and re-created the field, now it works. Weird.

• Elliot

• September 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Hi @florian

Thanks for the updates on this one. I’m not sure why the value was not being found, but could have something to do with a cached value which was fixed by creating a fresh field with a fresh ID.

Lets hope this issue does not re-surface. If it does, I can take a look myself if you are happy to post login details.

Cheers
    E

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.