Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Taxonomy Term image field not showing with WP 4.5

Solved

Taxonomy Term image field not showing with WP 4.5

• Hello,

I use, (for several projects) , a custom field to set an image to a taxonomy of a custom post type I’ve create.

When I’am in the list ( wp-admin / edit- tags.php ) , I see the field under the description’s textarea .

But, once I edit the category , the field no longer appears .

This problem has occurred since the WordPress update 4.5.

Can you please help me because I have several projects with this system and I have to update them .

We have the Pro version, and it look like it’s not a problem with the regular version.

Thanks in advance !

• What version of WP did you update from? This sounds like a split terms problem, but you would only see this problem if you updated from 4.0 through maybe 4.3 up to 4.5

• It was from WP 4.4.2 to 4.5

• That shouldn’t be the problem then.

What version of ACF are you using?

Can you provide some screen shots of where you are seeing the fields, where you’re not and the location rules settings for the group? You can upload the images directly to this forum by clicking on the paperclip to the left.

• We are using Advanced Custom Fields Pro Version 5.3.2.2. Sorry my screenshots are in french. I had a WordPress with a pretty similar technic and as soon as I update it, the problem occured on that site too.

• I”m experiencing the same issue, WordPress 4.5.2 and ACF Pro 5.3.0, the Custom Fields are displayed on the left side on my custom taxonomy but not when I try to edit a term. I already disabled every other plugin to exclude an issue with one of them and I don’t have any java script errors in my console, only this probably unrelated notification:

load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,underscore,wp-util,wp-a11y,updates&ver…:9 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.0

• Updating to 5.3.7 fixed my issue.

• @dvaillancourt you need to update ACF. There was a change in WP 4.5 and the way it handles the term editor and this is why field groups are not appearing.

• OK , but why I can not see the update link even if the plugin is registered ? How do I update ?

• Sometimes ACF has a problem connecting to the update server, usually because the host is blocking the connection. You can always update by logging into your account and downloading the new version

• Updating solved my issue!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Taxonomy Term image field not showing with WP 4.5’ is closed to new replies.