Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Taxonomy inside repeater-field

Solved

Taxonomy inside repeater-field

• Hello,
    it seems that the taxonomy field dont work inside the repeater field.
    I like to create a metabox for concert tour dates.
    So I create a custom taxonomy (VENUE).
    Then I created a repeater-field inside I put the datepicker and the taxonomy-field (VENUE).
    But the Venues are not stored in the repeater-field.
    Any suggestion?
    Cheers,
    Denis

• Hi @deniscgn

I’ve just tested in on my installation, but I couldn’t reproduce the issue. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

It’s also possible that you have a long name for the repeater. This page should give you more idea about it: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/field-value-wont-save/.

Thanks!

• Hello James,

I did deactivate all plugins (exept ACF and CPT UI). I change the theme to Twenty Fifteen.

I did shorten the fieldnames, but the tourdates are not stored in the metagbox.

The venues are stored in the taxonomy on the right side but not in the metabox.

What else can I do?

Denis

• Hi @deniscgn

Thanks for the screenshots.

It seems you have the “Load Terms” option enabled for your taxonomy. Because taxonomy field works individually, each of them will load the selected taxonomies. It won’t check if the other taxonomy fields are assigned to certain taxonomies. That’s why you have the first selected taxonomy on all of your taxonomy fields.

Kindly disable the “Load Terms” option to fix it. Keep in mind that you can’t update the taxonomy fields from the taxonomy meta box with this setup. But you still can update the taxonomy meta box with the taxonomy fields.

I hope this makes sense.

• Hello @James,

it seems to work!

Thanks a lot,
    Denis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Taxonomy inside repeater-field’ is closed to new replies.