Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Taxonomy Field / load terms without saving?

Solved

Taxonomy Field / load terms without saving?

• Hello! I would like to load taxonomy terms based on the post’s terms, but I do not want to update the post’s terms on save.

For example, I have a taxonomy “color_availability.” For a specific post, I’ve assigned it to these 3 terms:
    * red
    * blue
    * yellow

I’ve created a taxonomy field in ACF that loads the “color_availability” taxonomy so I when I arrive at the Edit Post screen, I correctly see:
    * red
    * blue
    * yellow

However, I would like to use the taxonomy field to further distinguish these. For example, I’ve labeled the taxonomy field “1-2 week lead time” and would like to select which colors have the extended lead time. In this case, yellow. Ideally, I would be able to check “yellow” from the ACF taxonomy field while maintaining all 3 terms on the post.

I know this is quite a random use case, but is there currently a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

• HI @yellowhouse

Thank you for the question.

There is now an option to “Save terms” and “Load terms” to the selected post. I believe you can make use of this option in your implementation.

• Awesome – thanks James!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Taxonomy Field / load terms without saving?’ is closed to new replies.