Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Taxonomy Field clears as soon as a value is selected

Solving

Taxonomy Field clears as soon as a value is selected

• I just upgraded to the latest version of wordpress – ever since then, my Taxonomy field (set as a “radio”, but it also doesn’t work with “select” or “checkbox”) lets you still select a value from the taxonomy: but as soon as you do so, the selected value clears.

I did an F12 inspection and it doesn’t look like any errors are being thrown, but there is some kind of ajax call being made and then suddenly the value clears out. Unsure where it is occurring.

The field is set as:

array (
    ‘key’ => ‘field_568afabd6c6c4’,
    ‘label’ => ‘Event Type’,
    ‘name’ => ‘event_type’,
    ‘type’ => ‘taxonomy’,
    ‘instructions’ => ‘The Type of event. Choose one so it\’s put under the correct event type section for the site!’,
    ‘required’ => 1,
    ‘taxonomy’ => ‘event_type’,
    ‘field_type’ => ‘radio’,
    ‘allow_null’ => 1,
    ‘load_terms’ => 1,
    ‘save_terms’ => 1,
    ‘return_format’ => ‘id’,
    ‘multiple’ => 0,
    ‘add_term’ => 0
    ),

• It looks like, when that selection happens, it’s not *just* the radio field that clears: all ACF-defined fields clear their values/reset to default.

• Is anyone else running into this?

• we are having the same issue with taxonomy terms checkboxes, sounds like the same situation , but we are on wp 4.9.9 as we were avoiding moving over to gutenberg. I’ve seen in the release notes for acf 5.7.10 an entry that says –

‘* Fix – Fixed JS error when selecting taxonomy terms within Gutenberg.’

Am wondering if the fix might actually be causing issues in our case?

• You should contact the developer here about this issue https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/contact/

• Hi all

Thanks for the bug report.

The issue sounds like ACF is incorrectly “re-adding” the field group metabox after a “post attribute change” is detected. This is possible if the field group is missing a “key” setting.

Can you please check your PHP field group and ensure that the field group itself has a unique key?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Taxonomy Field clears as soon as a value is selected’ is closed to new replies.