Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Tabs no longer appearing

Solving

Tabs no longer appearing

• Tabs no longer appearing in backend. This is happing on some but not all Custom Field Groups. I am not sure where to start to trouble shoot this.

• WordPress v 3.8.1
    ACF v 4.3.4

• Down to the bottom of the plugin list the plugin WPMU DEV Video’s conflicts with ACF tab display. Tabs are completely hidden.

• Hi @[email protected]

Thanks. Can you please open your console log and report any JS errors on the page load?

Any JS error will prevent the ACF tabs from appearing / working

Thanks
    E

• Was noticing this same behavior on a couple field groups… I think in my case I narrowed the problem to the google map field.

Caught this error from the Chrome Console:

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Geocoder’ of undefined

In instances where the tabs fail, the Google Map field default map is failing to render. When I remove the map field, the tabs render.

Am testing to see if the maps field is failing because of another plugin…

JW

• I’m new to ACF… just installed and set up the custom fields very quickly (kudos to the intuitive design…)
    However, I can see nothing about setting up tabs…
    ACF is running on a fresh WP installation 3.8.1, all working perfectly..

Please advise where I can find the tab control. I’ve tested on a couple of different field groups. There are sections for Fields, Location and Options, but nothing about tabs…

Ideas welcome!

Thanks

• NBishop:

You’re looking for something that’s clearly too obvious. It happens to me all the time. 😉 Tabs are created from the “Field Type” field when adding a new field. Scroll to the bottom, select tab. All the fields you put underneath will render in side the tab. It’s very slick.

Elliot:

Still struggling with this and cannot seem to identify a plugin that’s causing the problem, though I think that is the issue. I’m happy to PM you login credentials if it would be any help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’d really like to have both maps and tabs working for this project.

Thanks,
    Josh

• Elliot:

More details:

Trying to produce a Google Map from Inside a repeater field that renders in a tab. The map fails to render, the tab layout breaks.

Wordpress: 3.8.1
    ACF 4.3.5

More info on the the error I’m getting as per Chrome/Console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Geocoder' of undefined input.min.js?ver=4.3.5:13
    acf.fields.google_map.init input.min.js?ver=4.3.5:13
    (anonymous function) input.min.js?ver=4.3.5:13
    x.extend.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
    x.fn.x.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
    (anonymous function) input.min.js?ver=4.3.5:13
    x.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    v.handle jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    x.event.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    e.event.trigger jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2
    (anonymous function) jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    x.extend.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
    x.fn.x.each jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:3
    x.fn.extend.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    (anonymous function)
  • Josh,

Thank you! You are a superstar….

I saw the field types, but never thought to look there to set up the tabs. Easy now I can see it…

Thanks again – much appreciated!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tabs no longer appearing’ is closed to new replies.