Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Tabs & Invalid Email field blocks post submission

Helping

Tabs & Invalid Email field blocks post submission

• Hey Elliot! I think I may have found an ACF bug, hopefully someone hasn’t submitted it already.

I have a Fieldset with a couple of tabs and a field set to Email. If I enter an invalid email address, then switch to another tab and then hit Submit Post, the page just sits there with a spinning icon next to the submit button forever.

I created a separate fieldset to figure out what was going on for a different post type with just an email field on its own, and entered an invalid email and hit submit, and it also sat there with the spinning icon next to the Submit button, but I noticed this time a little popup box appeared above the Email field saying “Please enter a valid Email address” or something along those lines.

I then added Tabs to that test fieldset and I was able to recreate the same problem with my original fieldset, except the little error popup no longer appeared above the Email field.

Is it possible to change the validation so that it appears as a red error message? Or alternatively change to the tab the email field is on and show the popup?

I did the test with all plugins disabled except ACF (4.2.2) + ACF Repeater + ACF Location and there were no JavaScript errors. I haven’t tested on a new wordpress install though, since its nearly home time!!

Oh I’m using WordPress 3.6.1 as well.

Hopefully that helps!

• Hi @Phillip

Thanks for the bug report.

What you are describing is the HTML5 browser validation (email popup message). Currently, there is no way for ACF to know if the email field has failed, so I will add in custom JS to do so.

As for the tab issue, I am also working on some logic to change tabs to the one containing an error.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Tabs & Invalid Email field blocks post submission’ is closed to new replies.