Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Switch to tab on validation

Solving

Switch to tab on validation

• Hi,

I came across the following. When you’re on a post with multiple tabs and a field from a different tab gets a validation error on publishing, the page will not switch to that tab. Not a major issue, but I think it would be nice if it did. If there are multiple tabs with errors, I think going to the first tab with an error would be the most logical option.

Thanks for creating this awesome plugin 🙂

Tom

• There could be multiple validation errors across multiple tabs, but I agree with what I assume is the basis of followalter’s suggestion: it can be difficult to locate a validation error when there are many fields, particularly when there are accordions and tabs.

So a related suggestion: list the label of each field that fails validation in the “components-notice” at the top of the page.

I just wrote a script that does this and, as usual, it took me longer than I would like to get it right.

It would be great if this were built into ACF, so you know immediately which field(s) failed validation before hunting through tabs and accordions.

• This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.