Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Support / use within GENESIS framework

Solved

Support / use within GENESIS framework

• Hello,

How dows ACF play with the Genesis framework by StudioPress?
    I have noticed that since Genesis 2.0 I need should use a second way of creating CPT’s – is that true for ACF? If yes, how to using ACF? 🙂

Hope someone can answer this, I know it’s a bit weird question..

• Hi @Athen

I don’t understand your question. ACF does not create post types, it creates custom fields.

Genesis is a theme, ACF saves data to a post.
    You can edit your theme to show ACF data.

Thanks
    E

• Right. I’m confused. Of cause this is the wrong place for that question, sorry.

• I too would like to know how to use ACF with the Genesis Framework. I was able to display custom fields data by adding code to content.php in the 2014 WP theme, but using a Genesis child theme, there is no content.php to edit…any advice?

• I posted this in another thread, but I thought nwadave might want to see it.

I’m displaying ACF data in a Genesis theme by adding an action to the genesis_entry_content hook.

My scenario is a site for an artist who makes photographs and paintings. I added a field group called “Photography”, with the following fields:
    Camera; Lens; Lighting; Aperture; Shutter Speed; Processing Details

The new custom function kicks in if a post’s category is either ‘photography’ or its subcategory. (I’m going to attack custom fields for paintings after a walkthrough with my client.)

I documented my solution on my blog, here:
    http://jeffcohan.com/tek/advanced-custom-fields-genesis/

PS: Boy am I glad I finally started using ACF. Not sure what took me so long!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Support / use within GENESIS framework’ is closed to new replies.