Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Sum Values of Sub Fields in Nested Repeater

Solved

Sum Values of Sub Fields in Nested Repeater

• I have a repeater called “project_task_group”, with another repeater inside this called “project_task”. There’s a numerical sub-field in the “project_task” repeater called “project_task_percentage”, containing a value between 0 to 100. I’d like to be able to sum all the values of this field for each “project_task” and divide them by the amount of “project_taks”‘s in order to display an average for each “project_task_group”. I’ve been able to work out how to count the amount of “project_task”‘s, but I haven’t a clue how to add all the values of the sub-fields, so I’d really appreciate some help. My simplified code is as follows:

<h1>Tasks</h1>
    	<?php if( have_rows('project_task_group') ): while ( have_rows('project_task_group') ) : the_row(); ?>

<div class="taskgroup">
        <h1><?php the_sub_field('project_task_group_name'); ?></h1>
    	<p>Total Tasks in Group: <?php $tasks = get_sub_field('project_task'); echo $totaltasks = count($tasks); ?></p>
    	<p>Total Percentage <?php //show total sum of project_task_percentage value for each task divided by the total amount of tasks  ?></p>

<?php if( have_rows('project_task') ): while ( have_rows('project_task') ) : the_row(); ?>
    		<div class="eachtask">
    			<h2><?php the_sub_field('project_task_title'); ?></h2>
    			<p><?php the_sub_field('project_task_percentage'); ?></p>
    		</div>
    		<?php endwhile; else : ?>
    		<p>No tasks have been added yet.</p>
    		<?php endif; ?>

</div>

<?php endwhile; else : ?>
        <p>No task groups have been added yet.</p>
        <?php endif; ?>

Many thanks.

• Here is the code I came up with, just in case anyone else finds it useful:

<?php 
    	$tasks = get_sub_field('project_task'); $totaltasks = count($tasks);
    	$totaltaskpercentage = 0;
    		while ( have_rows('project_task') ) : the_row(); 
    			$totaltaskpercentage += intval( get_sub_field('project_task_percentage'));
    		endwhile; 
    	$grouptaskpercentage = $totaltaskpercentage / $totaltasks;
    	echo round($grouptaskpercentage);
    	?>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Sum Values of Sub Fields in Nested Repeater’ is closed to new replies.