Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Struggling Tweaking For Use With Repeaters

Unread

Struggling Tweaking For Use With Repeaters

• I currently have a pretty straight forward setup for a quiz show site in regards to displaying the contestants.

I have the custom post type “Contestant” and a field group of various metadata for the contestants.

I have the custom post type “Match” for each game and I select three contestants for the episode.

All that outputs the “contestants” block here: https://usaquizshow.com/match/s01e06/

Easy peezy, BUT…

I now need a way for any given contestant to have a different icon and nickname if they return in a different season and to display the right season’s contestant metadata on the right matches.

So I thought I’d move all the fields that would be different from season to season to a repeater in the contestant field group.

So for example these would be constant:

• First Name
    • Last Name

But these would be different for each season and in the repeater:

• Icon
    • Nickname

But what I’m struggling with is the best way to for the repeater to display only the repeater row metadata for whichever season the match belongs to.

Should I create a “season” custom post type and add that to the match field group for the repeater to use somehow? It’s a bit over my pay grade and would love some guidance. Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.