Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues strip out duplicate content from an array

Solving

strip out duplicate content from an array

• I hope someone can help me out. I am looking for a way to strip out duplicate content from an array.

I have a post_type called catalogue, post_type called model and a post_type quality.
    Within the post_type model i have a relationship field pointing to the quality and a relationship pointing to the catalogue.(post object) (the model belongs to a catalogue and is made from a certain quality)

So in the example below i am getting all the qualities that are being used in the models that have a certain catalogue number.

I am setting up an isotope filter so need to add them to a list. This works fine except it pics up duplicate qualities along the way. SO if i have 3 models that use the same qualite, the quality is added 3 times. Is there anyway to strip out duplicates. I can’t figure it out.

I hope you can help me. Thank you this is a great plugin by the way!!

<?php
    function get_qualite_from_cata() {
    			$modeles = get_posts(array(
    			'post_type' => 'modele',
    			'meta_query' => array(
    							array(
    							'key' => 'catalogue', // name of custom field
    							'value' => '"' . get_the_ID() . '"', // matches exaclty "123", not just 123. This prevents a match for "1234"
    							'compare' => 'LIKE'
    							)
    							)
    					));

if( $modeles ): 
    		foreach( $modeles as $modele ):
    		$qualite = get_field( 'qualite', $modele->ID); 
    					?>
    		<?php if( $qualite ): ?>
    	<?php foreach( $qualite as $qualite ): 

echo '<dd class="filtr" data-filter=".'.  $qualite->ID .'">'. get_the_title( $qualite->ID ) .'</dd>';
    	?><?php endforeach; ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>

<?php endforeach; ?>
    <?php endif; 

}
    // end function
    ?>

}
    // end function
    ?>
  • To make it clearer this

<?php if( $qualite ): ?>
    	<?php foreach( $posts as $post ): 

echo '<dd class="filtr" data-filter=".'.  $post->ID .'">'. get_the_title( $post->ID ) .'</dd>';
    	?><?php endforeach; ?>
    	<?php endif; ?

>

is giving me multiple copies of the same. How can i strip the duplicates out? I have been looking at array_unique and DISTINCT but I can’t figure out how to implement this here.
    I have currently implemented some jquery that removes the duplicates but i am not exactly happy about that solution. Any pointers. Thanks

• Is $qualite a regular array or an associative array?

One idea would to be to store the value of each $qualite in a variable and check the new one against it before outputting it. Example:

$qualite = get_field( 'qualite', $modele->ID);
    if( $qualite ):
    $unique = '';
        foreach( $qualite as $qualite ): 
            if ( $unique != $qualite ) :
                echo '<dd class="filtr" data-filter=".'.  $qualite->ID . '">'.get_the_title( $qualite->ID ) .'</dd>';
            $unique = $qualite;
            else : endif;

endforeach;
    endif;
  • Daron thanks i haven’t had time yet to check this out. but i appreciate your help and will let you know how it goes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘strip out duplicate content from an array’ is closed to new replies.