Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Strict Standards error on file upload

Solving

Strict Standards error on file upload

• Once a file is uploaded to a file field and the page/post is saved, I get this warning:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in …/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/fields/file.php on line 83

This is on the latest update (4.2.0) and the file I was uploading was a .zip file. If it helps, the field was located on the options plugin page.

Cheers
    Mark

• Elliot

• August 6, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Hi @markgdyr

Thanks for the bug report.

Looking at the file, the line in question is:

$o['name'] = end(explode('/', $o['url']));

Seems like WP’s new strict standards has an issue with the ‘/’ as a parameter?
    That’s pretty strange…

Do you have debug mode on or off?

• Hey @elliot,

I have debug mode on for developing 🙂

Cheers
    Mark

• Elliot

• August 7, 2013 at 9:09 am

Hi @markgdyr

Thanks for the bug report.

I’ll add it to the to-do

Cheers
    E

• Elliot

• August 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Hi @markgdyr

This has now been fixd and included in the next version

Thanks
    E

• Hi there,

I might have a related issue. Upon activation of the latest Options add-on (with ACF v4.3.5 & WordPress v3.8.1) I get the same error:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /Users/bramwillemse/Dropbox/Sites/gsc/content/plugins/acf-options-page/acf-remote-update.php on line 27

Next to that I’m not able to register a page with this code in functions.php:

if( function_exists('acf_add_options_sub_page') )
    {
        acf_add_options_sub_page(array(
            'title' => 'Contact',
            'parent' => 'options-general.php',
            'capability' => 'manage_options'
        ));
    }

Also other options page functions do not have any effect. And this happens when trying to add a group to the options page:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4zdz32rl9v5uk1/Screenshot%202014-04-03%2014.34.31.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.