Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Some select fields disabled in front-end form

Solving

Some select fields disabled in front-end form

• Sorry if this question has been answered before… I am new to ACF and created a long form with many fields. Everything shows up fine in the admin panel, but in my front-end form, for some reason, *some* of the select fields show up as disabled. (A check of the element and I see it’s actually given the class “chosen-disabled” — so it shows, it’s just grayed out and you can’t click on it.”)

Otherwise the front-end form works fine. At first I thought this behavior was limited to the repeater fields, but now I see it happens even outside repeater fields.

Why would this happen?

• Can you provide a little more information?

What type of fields are the ones that are disabled?

What version of ACF are you using?

• Using ACF v5.2.6

It seems to happen mostly with repeaters. Using select fields within the repeaters. The selects are using the jquery chosen function. (Not sure if this is ACF or my theme.)

For some reason the chosen function is deciding to display the selects as disabled.

I’ve learned can get the selects to work if I choose “stylised UI” in the options. I’m guessing this bypasses the chosen js function, which is why they work.

So it’s a workaround that moves me forward, but doesn’t solve the mystery.

• I can’t recreate this, so my guess would be it has something to do with either another plugin or your theme. You should try switching themes and disabling other plugins to figure out what’s causing it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Some select fields disabled in front-end form’ is closed to new replies.