Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Some fields not saving

Solving

Some fields not saving

• I’ve read through the other support threads where people have had issues with saving their fields, but to no avail. I’m running WP 4.2.2 and the latest ACF PRO (have updated a couple of times). There are no other plugins running other than ACF. I have also tried using a default theme. I have increased max_input_vars to 3000 too.

Initially I had to completely reset up my WP installation as no fields were saving whatsoever. After doing a clean install, my large ACF field set with around 24 fields appears to be saving (haven’t tested every field). I’ve now been looking into whether the ACF field attached to a taxonomy is working, and I’m seeing some very strange behaviour. If I call the field say ‘plate’ or ‘plate_number’ or ‘c_plate_number’, it does not save. But if I make a field in that same place called ‘something’, it works as expected.

I have seen the naming issue before with this installation, but I changed a few names and it went away. But with this I cannot get around it.

Unfortunately this is on a local (MAMP) installation, but the previous time I set it up I ran a version on my Digital Ocean server, with the same issues occurring.

I’ve prepared a small videocast showing the issue: http://screencast.com/t/4pwuCur1fau

I am truly gazumped.

• Hi @ashkas

First off nice use of gazumped 🙂

It’s a strange issue you have. I have some questions for you:

1. Does this only happen on terms? Not posts/pages?
    2. Do you have any other field or maybe post/page with the same “slug” (plate)?
    3. Did you create these fields directly from within wp-admin? (Not php or json).
    4. If you actually check your database wp_options table for this value, does it say “something”?

• I surprised myself! 😛

1. Does this only happen on terms? Not posts/pages?

Initially happened on everything, cpts and terms. Since I have remade the site, it still happens on cpts (have a cpt called work) on some custom field names. For instance, I renamed a repeater field called “c_states” to “states” so it would work.

2. Do you have any other field or maybe post/page with the same “slug” (plate)?

My initial thing to check. Haven’t been able to find that.

3. Did you create these fields directly from within wp-admin? (Not php or json).

Created the fields directly in wp-admin

4. If you actually check your database wp_options table for this value, does it say “something”?

This is what it looks like in the DB: http://screencast.com/t/Ku4Ud59Fmaj

• I have some bad news, the issue of not saving is again affecting some of the fields I set up with the CPT called “work”. I’ve tried renaming these fields, and the issue still comes up.

Again, I have prepared a short videocast showing the issue: http://screencast.com/t/LoOZUXydLHn

At this stage, I really can’t go further with this product until I can resolve this issue as it is really affecting my ability to work on this in a timely manner. It’s strange, as I have used ACF many times before without any issues.

• It seems your DB has gone bonkers..

Just to be clear, the image you posted in your second post, is that values saved to a term or post?

If it’s for a term there’s some issues as it should look something like tax_termid_fieldname.

I assume you don’t have any fields with the same field names? That’d mess things up for sure.

What’s interesting about your image is that both the _* value and the regular one contains a string. The _* should have a value of the field key as shown in my image.

• I am having the same problem and it’s making my crazy
    I too thought it was naming issue as some fields were not saving but now it doesn’t matter what they are named, some fields just won’t save any data.

I ran table check and repair, my database show no errors.

ACF Version 5.2.7
    WP 4.2.2

• @jonathan

Update: I did a completely clean install of wordpress and ACF. I imported the fields via the json backup and I still have the exact same saving issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Some fields not saving’ is closed to new replies.