Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Some fields not saving & have rows returning false

Solving

Some fields not saving & have rows returning false

• I am almost at my wits end. I am using advanced custom fields to advance the cms feature on a website I was working on and everything was fine on launching. I checked on the site last week to add more fields and some of the fields did not work, still don’t work. To make matters worse on one tab the values are not recognized at all on the front end. The fields have the values but the site is acting as if nothing has been added to the field so it does not show up on the front page html mark up. If I try to edit or add to the fields I had before, some(a big percentage) work but others simply revert to what they were on updating or go back to default values if saving a new post. The fields am having issues are part of the image fields, select fields, checkboxes, text fields and text areas. The most puzzling issue is I have reinstalled the site, deleted all plugins reverted to 2016 theme even created the fields afresh on a fresh install of wordpress but still some of the fields will work, others won’t. the fields that would at times work are image fields, text fields and text areas. Select fields and checkboxes do not work at all. I am totally bummed as I really love acf and right now it seems not be working for me at all.

• Hi @salshine

That’s weird. Could you please try the to increase the max_input_vars variable on your server? This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/limit-number-fields/.

Also, could you please try to reproduce the issue on your local machine?

Thanks 🙂

• Hey james, thanks for the reply. I increased the max_input_vars since my folder is in subfolder I put the php.ini file in the site folder when the root did not work and that did not work. I also installed the site on my local server, imported the fields on a fresh local wordpress install even restarted apache. It still does not work :'(

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • I’m having this issue with this as well, particularly with repeater/flexible content fields.

Edit: It actually might be saving in the DB (I’ll have to test/check front end once it’s coded) but the data is definitely not showing on the Edit Page screen.

• Hi @accdesign

Could you please explain your issue in more details? Also, could you please share some screenshot of it?

Thanks 🙂

• I have multiple field groups for Pages & Posts. One of them saves fine while the other does not.

The main difference between the two is repeater/flexible content.

It is not saving in the DB as “get_field” isn’t getting any info.

Two screenshots of before/after save.

(After/blank)
    (Before/full)

• Ok, I resolved it with assistance from a coworker who noticed that the Field Group names were similar so I dug deeper and found that some meta field names were the same in two separate Field Groups, both on the same Page/Post.

🙂

• Hi @accdesign,

I am glad you were able to fix the issue.

Feel free to let me know in case something else comes up 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Some fields not saving & have rows returning false’ is closed to new replies.