Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Single taxonomy pages, sorted by Repeater/Post Object

Helping

Single taxonomy pages, sorted by Repeater/Post Object

• I’m hoping someone can help me with this as I have been unable to figure it out.

I have a custom post type (Weddings) that is output on multiple pages via a repeater field with post object as client is nit picky about sorting each event. The issue is the posts within Weddings (broken down by multiple taxonomies) also needs the Prev/Next posts to sort within that order when on the single-weddings.php file. I’ve already gotten it to do the Prev/Next within the individual taxonomy however I’m unable to figure out how to break it down further so it matches the identical sort-order for the repeater field.

So as an example: Weddings (Post Type) -> “Classic” (Taxonomy). When clicking on say “Adam & Eve” on the display output, the next one on the list should be “Bob & Brenda” as it’s in the #2 position on the repeater fields so in theory clicking “Next Post” should bring you to position #2, instead it’s calling say “Sophie & Mark” which is in position #14 as the single file is sorting based on inputting, and not the repeater field.

So without having to setup the entire site on just a carousel (as it’s graphics intensive) is there a way to code the taxonomy/single file so that for these specific taxonomies it sorts by the repeater ID#s instead of the custom posts?

So: Field #2 = current, previous = field #1 next = field #3.

Is this even remotely possible?

• Is every post represented in the repeater?

You could create pre_get_posts filter in WP https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/pre_get_posts. In this filter loop through the repeater, get all the post ID’s in the order that they should be displayed. Then alter the query to main query to include the ‘post__in’ argument with the array of post IDs and set the orderby argument to ‘post__in’. https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Order_.26_Orderby_Parameters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Single taxonomy pages, sorted by Repeater/Post Object’ is closed to new replies.