Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Single Post Checkbox Effecting Archives

Solving

Single Post Checkbox Effecting Archives

• I’m using this location setting to add a checkbox to every Edit screen.

acf-location

This is the code i’m using to remove a default function which adds widgets if the ACF checkbox is checked.

add_action( 'loop_start', 'conditional_widgets' );
    function conditional_widgets() {

$checked = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_custom_field_key', true );

if ( $checked ) {
            remove_action( $tag, $function_to_add );
        }
    }

When i check the box on a single post, the remove_action works but it also executes on all archive page types even though the box is unchecked on these archive edit screens.

Maybe i have the location rules wrong?

Do i need to add a conditional tag for each page type or is there another solution?

• I cannot tell by your code what you’re trying to accomplish and the explanation does not help.

This line makes no sense to me $checked = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_custom_field_key', true );

• This is for the checkbox ( true/false ). I could also use something like this :

$checked = get_field( '_custom_field_key' );

All i want to do is add the checkbox to all edit screens for single posts/pages and all archive type pages to show the default widgets or when checked, the custom widgets.

Seems like get_field only works on single posts/pages and NOT on archive page types?

acf

• You need to tell ACF where to get the value from. When you’re displaying a post it uses the current post ID. Anything other than this requires the you specify the post ID. This page explains what the value need to be https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/get_field/

• I thought that might be built into ACF when selecting a location setting which adds the input field on all post/page types including archive archive and single but looks like i need to write the code to cover all types.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Single Post Checkbox Effecting Archives’ is closed to new replies.