Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Single page for each repeater item

Solving

Single page for each repeater item

• Hi,

I have a custom post type (Artists) that collects information about an Artist. Within this CPT I have a repeater field for Artworks (image, title, description etc).

Currently I have a single page template for each Artist and the Artworks are displayed in a listing on that page.

How can I link each artwork to its own single detail page? I have managed to assign each artwork an ID just using php count. Just not sure how to harness that. Ideally the url would play into what I already have – http://www.url.com/artists/artist-name/artwork-ID

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• I have done something similar recently with a publication system for a client. Each publication can have multiple pages. I used the WP built in system that allows posts to have multiple pages, in a way. I used it because it allows me to create a unique URL for each one because WP lets me add a page number to the URL.

What I do on the publication intro page is generate links for each page in the publication like

• /publication-title/1/
    • /publication-title/2/
    • /publication-title/3/
    • etc…

In my publication template I see what page is requested

$page = 0;
    if (preg_match('#/([0-9]+)/?$#', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], $matches)) {
     $page = intval($matches[1]);
    }

if $page == 0 I show the intro page. If $page != 0 then I show the content from the right row of the repeater.

~JH

• Thanks for your help JH.
    I understand what you are getting but I can’t make the connection between the generated URLs and their destination template that has all the code to get the appropriate repeater row info.

Wouldn’t clicking publication-title/1 send you to a 404 page?

• No, this is automatically handled by WP. Here is some information on it http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-split-wordpress-posts-into-multiple-pages/

The individual pages would use the same template that is being used now. You just need add detection to see what page should be shown.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Single page for each repeater item’ is closed to new replies.