Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Single field of group not showing in Frontend

Solving

Single field of group not showing in Frontend

• Strange problem here. I’m calling an entire group to display in the front end, and for some reason one field will not show up.
    Its a group of radio boxes and a single text box, with all the radio boxes having a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ option. All the fields show up in the front end except one for ‘VISA’. I’ve deleted the field, re-made it, switched its location in the group, etc to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this happen?? Is there a problem with calling the field ‘VISA’?? (It has to be called that to match the data in the database.).

Thoughts?

• Elliot

• September 12, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Hi @aaronrobb
    Can you post the code you use to output VISA?

Also, can you check the DB wp_postmeta table and find the row for this value and the post_id in question? Is the value stored correctly?

Thanks
    E

• I’m just trying to output it normally with the ‘the_field’ call.

Ok looked in the DB and compared the values of ‘VISA’ to that of what should be exactly the same: ‘MASTERCARD’. All code is the same, except the last bit:

VISA:
    a:1:{i:0;a:3:{s:5:”field”;s:19:”field_522f7170dee44″;s:8:”operator”;s:2:”==”;s:5:”value”;s:3:”yes”;}}s:8:”allorany”;s:3:”all”;}s:8:”order_no”;i:1;}

MASTERCARD:
    a:1:{i:0;a:3:{s:5:”field”;s:0:””;s:8:”operator”;s:2:”==”;s:5:”value”;s:0:””;}}s:8:”allorany”;s:3:”all”;}s:8:”order_no”;i:0;}

I don’t know what these codes mean. DO you see anything wrong, or why its different? The visa obviously has the ‘s:19:”field…..’ part that isn’t in the mastercard one…. but looking at the field group editor, they are set up exactly the same….

• Elliot

• September 14, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Hi @aaronrobb

for some reason, the Mastercard field does not contain a field key…

Are you able to delete both fields and re-create them?
    Do they now appear the same?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.