Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Simple URL Field

Solved

Simple URL Field

• Hi, I’ve looked through heaps of documentation but can’t work out how to have a simple URL field.

This plugin looks to be exactly what I want https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-link-picker-field/ but I the pro version and thought there should be some way to do it without an additional plugin.

tia

• have you try out this? :
    Page-Link Field from ACF

• That just gives me a drop down list to select an internal page. I want an external link.

• there should be a fieldtype URL.
    (basic fieldtype between e-mail and password inside select-dropdown)
    did this fit your needs?

• ah yes, I have it now. I’d only installed the gallery portion of the pro plugin and not the whole thing.

thanks

• I am a PHP novice and have the following problem and I really hope someone can help as I cannot find the answer in any of the support forums: I want a non-tech WP admin to be able to change the image on a home page of a WordPress 4.1 site.

I have successfully created an Image Object field and Image metabox that works just fine on a test page, but every time I try to replace the existing $home_banner image variable in the live home page template, it doesn’t work. I have also tried an Image URL field but it just renders in HTML as h

I have set up an Image Object field called ‘image-main’ and I want to use it to replace the existing variable $home_banner variable in the following code. Can anyone tell me how to edit the existing page template do this. Thanks. Existing live code snippet is below:

$home_banner = get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/library/images/’;

if (is_mobile()) {
    $home_banner .= ‘home-banner-medium.jpg’;
    }

else { $home_banner .= ‘home-banner.jpg’;

}

<script>window.home_banner = “<?php echo $home_banner; ?>”;</script>

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<div class=”banner”>

<h1>Bringing nature to you <span>wherever you are</span></h1>

</div>

The particular home page is here: http://inhouse-test.indoorgardendesign.com/

Thanks in anticipation.

SJL

• Hi there,
    Love ACF.
    Would like to have a simple URL field, but it appears to no longer be where mediawerk described it on March 6, 2015 at 6:07 pm…

there should be a fieldtype URL.
    (basic fieldtype between e-mail and password inside select-dropdown)
    did this fit your needs?

How to I make a simple URL field?

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Simple URL Field’ is closed to new replies.