Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Showing selected category in one post

Unread

Showing selected category in one post

• Flamio

• June 10, 2019 at 9:30 pm

Dear all,

I am looking for some help here, as I am not an expert in PHP or WordPress at all. I am currently working on my thesis project just to make things clear, there are no scam or information collection going on: I would like to evaluate the impact of filters on job selection and application from the online applicants perspective.

I have the MDTF plugin installed on my WordPress website, as well as ACF. What I would like to do is “simple”:
    – The user uses the filters from MDTF to select predetermined categories: for instance Location (with many cities and countries), Contract type, etc.

The few posts I have are compatible with EVERY category, but I would like the custom field in each post to adapt to the selection done by the user.
    So for instance, if a user select full-time and Paris, the post will pop-up with the custom fields on top of the post showing:
    “City: Paris,
    Contract: Full time”.
    And if another user selects other filters, let’s say Madrid and Internship, the same post will show but with different custom fields, showing the select value.

I don’t know if my request is clear enough. I think this would mean that I need to fetch a widget meta value and update my custom field with it, but is it feasible? Should I just used the categories in WordPress?

Thank you in advance,
    Best,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.