Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Show the values of custom-fields as the same order as the ordering in dashboard

Helping

Show the values of custom-fields as the same order as the ordering in dashboard

• I am using acf plugin and i have built 3 custom forms which I fill in with values via the dashboard.. i would like to show it’s value of all the custom fields per form to the user based on the menu order that i have sort them via the dashboard.

so, if at the dashboard i have 3 custom fields

Field order Field Label Field Name
    1. A first
    2. B second
    3. C third
    At the frontend I must see this order

Field Name : Value
    first : value_1
    second : value_2
    thrid : value_3

Instead of that i am seeing them at the order that i created the custom fields. For example, If i create a fourth field and reorder the sorting so the fourth to go at the second place, at the frontend i will still see it at the fourth position and not at the second.

• Not sure if you’ve solved this or not, but if you haven’t.

I’m assuming that using either get_fields() https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/get_fields/ to get all the field values at once. If this is the case then they will be included in the array in the order the fields were created I think. If you want custom ordering of fields and values then you’ll need to get each field in the order that you want it displayed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Show the values of custom-fields as the same order as the ordering in dashboard’ is closed to new replies.