Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Show text field data in footer(get_footer)

Solved

Show text field data in footer(get_footer)

• I want to update the footer social icons links using the text field of ACF
    What I done is,
    1. Create a new field group called ‘Social Links’,
    2. Add new field named ‘Facebook Url’,
    3 then tried to access the data using, <a href="<?php the_field('twitter_url'); ?>" But this not worked.
    4. Then I accessed data using <?php the_field('facebook_url',$instance['87']); ?> This worked but only for home page, when I opened other page the links showing current page url

So, please tell me what mistake I done, and what is the solution for this issue..
    And important Rule= page is equal to Social Links.

• actully in step 3. 3 then tried to access the data using, ” But this not worked.

• Hi Darpan,

It seems like you are trying to show a page-specific field on every page on the site, would that be right?

The Options Page extension will help you here. This allows you to display a field on any page of the site, added into one site-wide options page. This is the opposite of adding fields to pages, that’ll only be accessible when the page is being shown; hence why when you added the post ID to your code, it worked.

• Hi @Darpan

To load data from a specific page, you need to use the $post_id parameter to target the location of where the data is saved.

You can read more about this here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/how-to/how-to-get-values-from-another-page/

Does this help?

• Hello @rmdev,
    Thanks for your reply, Options Page extension will help,but unfortunately its not free..

@elliot

I tried that before posting thread here, that works but the links shown on only the index or home page not other pages, that’s the problem 🙁

• Hi @Darpan

Sorry mate, I’m not following what the issue is.

You have a page for all your social data. This is acting as a ‘static’ page and has an ID of 87, arn’t you trying to always show the ‘static’ social data from p 87 on all page’s footer?

• footer is single page which is included in every page,

<?php get_footer() ?>

• Hi @Darpan

Sorry, I am still confused.

Footer is not a page, but yes it is included on every page. That is the role of a footer.

Can you please re explain your issue clearly?

• Is the issue with your code:

$instance['87']

Shouldn’t it jst be 87?

As in

<?php the_field('facebook_url',87); ?> 

• Thanks <?php the_field('facebook_url',87); ?> this works.

• please how can i use advanced custom field to edit my footer in wordpress?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show text field data in footer(get_footer)’ is closed to new replies.