Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Show post from specific category on the archive page

Helping

Show post from specific category on the archive page

• I am using ACF and CPT UI to add my projects. Each projects post have a custom category assigned to it.

I am using this code below to display all projects in the archive page…

<?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'projets', 'paged' => $paged ) );
          if ( $loop->have_posts() ) :
            while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); ?>

<div class="col-md-4 col-sm-6 p-4">
                <div class="box">
                 <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><h3> <?php the_title(); ?></h3></a>
                </div>
              </div> 

<?php endwhile;
            if (  $loop->max_num_pages > 1 ) : ?>
              <div id="nav-below" class="navigation">
                <div class="nav-previous"><?php next_posts_link( __( '<span class="meta-nav">&larr;</span> Previous', 'domain' ) ); ?></div>
                <div class="nav-next"><?php previous_posts_link( __( 'Next <span class="meta-nav">&rarr;</span>', 'domain' ) ); ?></div>
              </div>

<?php endif;
          endif;
          wp_reset_postdata();?>

The code works well to get all the posts from all category but when I go to projects/category1, it still show all projects.

How can I modify this to show only the category from specific url ?

• This is not really an ACF question, it is a question about creating archive pages by in WP.

When you load the URL for a CPT or a Term in a Taxonomy associated with that CPT WP has already done a query based on the CPT and the Term if applicable. Your query is overriding the query that WP already did.

I would suggest the you look at pre_get_posts for and the WP template hierarchy rather than creating custom queries.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.