Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Show custom post type (or taxonomy) based on another selected custom post type w

Solving

Show custom post type (or taxonomy) based on another selected custom post type w

• I am creating a menu (food menus) system using ACF. The structure is as follows:

* Menus – (such as: Evening, Lunch, Kids)
    * Menu Sections – (such as: Starters, Mains, Burgers)
    * Menu Items – (such as: Garlic Bread, Breaded Mushrooms, etc)

Each item in the hierarchy relates to the parent directly. So, when adding a Menu Item I need to first select a “Menu” from a drop-down list, from there another list of linked “Menu Sections” is shown, allowing me to select one.

I am able to create the relationships between the items, but I am at a loss as to how to create the drop-down list which is populated from another selection within ACF.

Any ideas?

• Hi mikemike,

Just wondering if you were able come up with a solution for this? I am trying to achieve this in current project.

Thanks,

Ray

• Hi @mikemike,

You can’t really do this without writing your own AJAX script and populating the dropdowns yourself when a menu etc. has been selected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Show custom post type (or taxonomy) based on another selected custom post type w’ is closed to new replies.