Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Show A Default Field Group on New Post Page

Helping

Show A Default Field Group on New Post Page

• Hello,

I was able to set a default post taxonomy but it does not show the ACF Field group until I manually click on it to change it. Can you provide any insight? I think I would need to trigger an event by javascript to show but I am not sure how to do that.

To clarify, I have three post taxonomies: TBL, FBL and College. The location rules in ACF are to show depending on which taxonomy is selected. I have set a default to TBL but even though it is selected as default and checked the ACF Field Group Box for TBL does not show until I click on another option and back on TBL. I would like the TBL field box to show on page load.

Eventually, I would like it to show the ACF field box for the last selected option be it TBL, FBL or College on page load.

Thank you for your help in advance and great plugin by the way!

David

• If you are using the gutenberg editor then this is a know issue. Field groups will not automatically update based on taxonomy term selection and the post must be updated to trigger ACF to show the correct field group. The same is probably true when setting a default term for a post.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.