Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Severe issues with WPML since 6. Feb Update

Solving

Severe issues with WPML since 6. Feb Update

• Hi there,

there were some bigger updates of WPML and ACFML last week. Now there’s some major issue affecting one of our websites.

1.)
    In the frontend we got output like:
    “Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array …” from random fields.

1.a.)
    In the backend we see these fields are suddenly empty, or containg something looking like JSON:
    [‘_wp_page_template_default’:’default’,”_edit_lock”:”123456…”…

We cannot manually repair this by entering content into the fields, cause if we fix it in one language, it breaks the same page in another language and that strange content appears again.

2.)
    Some random fields are empty. Multiple types of fields, files, text, WYSIWYG, ..

This site has a lot of content and also a user / registration area, we don’t want to rollback the backups if there’s another option.

Thanks for all help and information.

• Note: After reading another recent bug, I’ll have to add:
    this JSON-like data in the fields also has escaped quotes, didn’t copy it correctly cause I wasn’t aware it mattered.

[\”_wp_page_template_default\”:\”default\”,\”_edit_lock\”:\”123456…\”

• Any updates on the topic? We had to roll back plugin versions and lost quite some data. Not sure when we can get back into regular upgrade path and how to deal with the issue in general. Corresponding request send to WPML.

• I have the same issue.

• Still no answer? This puzzles me, support was always great with ACF Pro.

WPML has released a minor update to address this issue. It did so, partly. We get no longer that JSON-like stuff and the “Array array” output.

But: Changing fields in one language messes up fields in another language. I’m not sure what role ACF or the bridge plugin plays in that regard, but it’s a complete mess, a nightmare so to speak.

I’m really reaching out to the ACF team for some insight on this.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Severe issues with WPML since 6. Feb Update’ is closed to new replies.