Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Settings in flexible content subfields with radio buttons changing randomly

Solving

Settings in flexible content subfields with radio buttons changing randomly

• This started happening in last few days, on random sub fields of flexible content field. When I save a group, some radio buttons get checked wrongly. E.g. fields get checked as “required” randomly, or “allow null” or “select multiple values” gets checked for no reason. This doesn’t happen on normal fields or repeaters as far as I know, only in flexible content field subfields. Any ideas why?

• Hi @mariom ,

Thanks a lot for reaching out to us.

I have tested the issue on my end and I am not able to replicate it.

Could you explain to us more on your environment so that I may be able to do further tests. which version of ACF and WordPress are you using?

Hope to hear from you soon.

• Latest wordpress (4.5.3) and latest acf pro (5.3.9.2), same as always, and there are no new plugins installed apart from ones I use in all my sites. But I can’t replicate it either, it happens randomly. I’ll try to record it few times, maybe I catch it πŸ™‚

• Hi @mariom

Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Also, could you please let me know if you are using the Local JSON feature or not? If you are using it, could you please try to sync it? This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/synchronized-json/.

If that doesn’t help, could you please backup the Local JSON folder and then delete it from your theme?

Thanks πŸ™‚

• Wanted to echo that I’m randomly seeing fields inside a flexible content layout become “required” as well.

It’s a rather long flexible content field, with 9 possible layouts and 2-4 sub fields each. Working locally right now. Not using the Local JSON feature.

Apologies that I don’t have time to debug now, on a deadline, but I’ll keep an eye on this thread and followup after.

• I’m seeing the same issue. Whenever I create a Flexible Content field then add a new section after its been published, all the radio button options under any Text fields get cleared. Then if I don’t reset them to what their were, they default to the first value when I re-publish the field group.

I’m able to reproduce the issue following these steps:

Wordpress 4.6
    ACF Pro v5.4.4
    Twenty Sixteen theme

1) Create a new Field Group
    2) Add a new “Flexible Content” field called “Flex Content”
    3) Under Layout, add a new item labeled “Section A” and add a “Text” field labeled “Title” to it. The default value for “Required?” is set to “No”, and the default value for “Conditional Logic” is set to “No”
    4) Publish the field group
    5) Click the “Custom Fields” link in the side bar to leave the edit page
    6) Click to edit the newly created Field Group
    7) Click the “Title” field under “Section A” to expand it. Check to see that “Required” and “Conditional Logic” are both set to “No”
    8) Under Layout, click “Add New”
    9) The radio buttons under the “Title” field have now become unchecked. I can see them get cleared when the “Add New” link was clicked.
    10) Publish the field group without making any changes
    11) Now when I view the “Title” field under “Section A” – its “Required” and its “Conditional Logic” radio buttons have been set to “Yes”

I’ve attached an image of when I’m seeing the issue occur.

• Hi @jordanmagnitude

Thank you very much for the detailed steps to reproduce the issue. I can reproduce it on my end. Could you please open a new ticket so this issue can be passed directly to the plugin author? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please don’t forget to explain the issue again and provide the link to this thread.

Thanks πŸ™‚

• Okay, I’ve submitted it as a new ticket.

• Hi guys

Thanks for the bug report:
    I’ve just done some testing and found/fixed the issue!

If possible, can you please download and test the latest build of ACF PRO?
    1. Login to your account online: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/my-account
    2. Click on the ‘see all versions’ link next to your license
    3. Download the latest 5.4.6-RC1 version​​​​​​

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Settings in flexible content subfields with radio buttons changing randomly’ is closed to new replies.