Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Set flexible_content setting to my own field (not working anymore since 5.0.8)

Unread

Set flexible_content setting to my own field (not working anymore since 5.0.8)

• Hi,

i’ve made my own field-type based on the flexible_content field. i use acf.add_action(“ready append”…. to append the base drag/drop/sortable functionality of the original flexible_content filed to my my new one.

before ACF 5.0.8 this worked very well. But with ACF 5.0.8 a lot of field settings seem to be changed.

this is my code: (working till 5.0.7)

//COPY ACF FIELD SETTING to my new field type
    acf.fields.individole_flexible_fields = acf.fields.flexible_content;

acf.add_action("ready append", function( $el ){
        acf.get_fields({ type : "individole_flexible_fields"}, $el).each(function(){
            //THIS WORKED VERY WELL
            acf.fields.individole_flexible_fields.set( $(this) ).init();

//I NOTICED, THAT FUNCTION NAMES HAVE CHANGED, SO I TRIED STUFF LIKE THAT:
    	$(this).focus();
            acf.fields.individole_flexible_fields. focus();
            acf.fields.individole_flexible_fields.initialize();
        });
    });

Is there a way to get it working again or isnt it possible anymore?

My own field is a modified version of the original flexible_content field. I just was tired of setting up its configuration in the backend. My field class has a “configuration” method, so i can set up the field configuration fast and easy in a configuration file. But basically its a flexible_content field and it should have its functionality.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Set flexible_content setting to my own field (not working anymore since 5.0.8)’ is closed to new replies.