Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Set background colour of a text layer in Slider Revolution

Solving

Set background colour of a text layer in Slider Revolution

• Hi there,

OUTLINE: I want to dynamically set the background colour of a text layer/div in Slider Revolution based on the colour a user pics on the post

I have a div using Text Layer in Slider Revolution (SR).

The background of this div needs to change according to the background colour in ACF field by user (event_background_color) set in the Custom Post Type.

In SR I have the text layer content with this code:

<div class="primary-background"></div>

and in WordPress Customise – Additional CSS I have:

.primary-background {
        background-color: <?php the_field('event_main_color'); ?>;
    }

However, the obvious issue with the above is that php is not parsed by css.

I have also tried;

<div style="background-color:{{meta:event_main_color}}" class="primary-background"></div>

But to no avail.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated!

• Looking at this

<div style="background-color:{{meta:event_main_color}}" class="primary-background"></div>

is this in reference to doing this https://www.sliderrevolution.com/faq/how-add-custom-post-meta-your-post-based-sliders/

• @hube2 Yes it is.

Is it possible to pass hex value from ACF on a custom post to the CSS or inline CSS of Revolution Slider layer content?

I can print the different hex code value out using ACF shortcode on each slide but can’t seem to figure out how to apply the hex to background css and shape/box layer so it’s different on each slide.

Thanks

• I don’t really know much about rev slider. From what I can see in that article it looks like what you’re doing with the div should work.

What is the class primary-background doing?

Is the div being output properly with the css style?

When you inspect the page is the background color being applied or is it overridden by something else?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.