Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Send dynamic PDF through CF7

Solved

Send dynamic PDF through CF7

• Hi Guys,

I’m trying to make something work,

I made a upload box in ACF for a website, The client wants to upload a (different) PDF to every post and that their customers can fill out a form and the pdf URL gets send to them through CF7

I’m working with the Dynamic Text Extension and I almost got it to work. The code I used is this.

<br>
    <h3>Meer weten? Vraag een de brochure aan;</h3>
    <br>
    Naam (verplicht)
        [text* your-name] 

E-mail adres (verplicht)
        [email* your-email] 

Opmerking
        [textarea opmerking]

[dynamichidden dynamichidden-468 "CF7_get_custom_field key='pdf_brochure'"]

[submit "Verzenden"]

The problem is that the clients who want a pdf now only get the PDF ID and not the URL.

Does somebody have the answer?

• *edit

It was working for 5 years, but I discovered that after an update it stopped working. So suddenly the url value changed to an id value for no particulair reason.

• I don’t know how this was working before. Assuming that the ‘pdf_brochure’ ACF field is a file field, ACF has always stored the file ID in the database. It only returns the url if set to do so when using get_field() or some other ACF function. If the CF7 addon is getting the value of the ACF field then it could only get the ID unless there was some other filter being run for shortcode [dynamichidden dynamichidden-468 "CF7_get_custom_field key='pdf_brochure'"].

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the CF7 add on and what may have been going on before. You’re best bet to get help with this would probably be support for the other plugin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Send dynamic PDF through CF7’ is closed to new replies.