Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Select2 not working

Solving

Select2 not working

• Hi,

Im working on a new plugin, and for some reason the Select2 select is not showing up.

I didnt find any documentation about how to use Select2 in a plugin I could just read the Post Object field source code. I guess if im turning ui and ajax true it should be working automatically:

$field['ui'] = 1;
    $field['ajax'] = 1;

What can be the problem with my code? Its almost the same to Post Object. Should I use css or extra javascript?

Thanks!

• Is the select being generated from acf or from your own code? What’s the setup look like? Are there any JS errors in console?

• Here is the whole code:

// Change Field into a select
    $field['type'] = 'select';
    $field['ui'] = 1;
    $field['ajax'] = 1;
    $field['choices'] = array();

// get sites
    $sites = $this->acf_get_sites();

// set choices
    if( !empty($sites) ) {

foreach( $sites as $site ) {

//get blog name
    		$current_blog_details = get_blog_details( array( 'blog_id' => $site['blog_id'] ) );

// append to choices
    		$field['choices'][ $site["blog_id"] ] = $current_blog_details->blogname;

}

}

// render
    acf_render_field( $field );

Its almost the same like the post_object. I have no JS errors. Without ui and ajax its just fine.

• @bokorir I’m trying to achieve almost the same result using select2: the main difference is that I’m querying an external source (MongoDB returning json data).

I have copied most of the code from the taxonomy field and I looked at post_object, too.
    As you, if I specify
    $field['ui'] = 1;
    the select field is rendered in the HTML code but it remains hidden.
    If I remove the ‘ui’ setting or change it to 0, the select field is shown but it is disabled.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    Roberto

• It works by adding this script right after acf.add_action(‘ready append’, function( $el ){}

// field_name
    	acf.fields.FIELD_NAME = acf.fields.select.extend({

type: 'FIELD_NAME',

});
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Select2 not working’ is closed to new replies.