Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Select Year in date picker field

Solved

Select Year in date picker field

• Hi, is there a way to give users the ability to select a year in the standard date picker field? Currently you can only select a day and a month. The year gets filled in automatically and can be changed by editing the textfield. This is cumbersome, especially now when the chances are that you have a bunch of events that are held in 5 weeks, which is next year.

• Hi @Florian

I have atached a screenshot of what the current date picker field looks like and I can see that there is a select input for the year.

If all you want is the year, perhaps a simple select field would be more desirable?

Thanks
    E

• Aha! I am using Safari and the Safari user agent styles seem to push the year-picker out of view. I see it now, in the source.

On line 332 of style.date_picker.css add “display: inline-block” and both selects are shown!

.ui-acf .ui-datepicker select.ui-datepicker-month, 
    .ui-acf .ui-datepicker select.ui-datepicker-year {
        width: 47%;
        padding: 1px;
        font-size: 12px;
        font-weight: normal;
        display: inline-block;
    }
  • Hi @Florian

Thanks for the bug report. I’ll do some testing and have this fixed soon.
    Is the field showing in a normal metabox? Or is it somewhere a bit different such as in an attachment window, etc?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Florian

Just did some testing and can confirm that the date picker is displaying correclty in all browsers including safari.

I suspect that you have some CSS in your theme / plugin which is overriding the default styles and corrupting the UI.

Can you please check all CSS which is being applied to the elements via firebug / inspector?

Thanks
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Select Year in date picker field’ is closed to new replies.