Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Select field in repeater to print css classes

Solved

Select field in repeater to print css classes

• For some reason I’m having a hard time just echoing a value while inside of a repeater using a select field. I have a select menu field called ‘gallery_content_orientation’ => Here’s the code I have:

<?php if( have_rows('homepage_slideshow') ): ?>
    		<div class="single-slide">
    			<?php while( have_rows('homepage_slideshow') ): the_row();
    			 		// vars
    			 		$gallery_image = get_sub_field('homegallery_image');
    			 		$gallery_link = get_sub_field('homegallery_image_link');
    			 		$gallery_title = get_sub_field('homegallery_image_title');
    			 		$gallery_content = get_sub_field('homegallery_content_area');
    			 		$gallery_classes = get_sub_field('gallery_content_orientation');
    			 		?>
    				<div class="slide-inner-content"  style="background-image: url(<?php if( $gallery_image ): ?><?php echo $gallery_image['sizes']['slideshow_hero']; ?><?php endif; ?>)";>
    					<?php if( $gallery_link ): ?><a href="<?php echo $gallery_link; ?>" class="hero-link"></a><?php endif; ?>
    					<div class="row slide-content <?php echo $gallery_classes?>">
    						<div class="slide-panel"><?php if($gallery_title): ?><h1 class="font-effect-shadow"><?php echo $gallery_title; ?></h1><?php endif; ?>
    						 <?php if($gallery_content): ?><?php echo $gallery_content; ?><?php endif; ?></div>
    					</div>
    				</div>
    			<?php endwhile; ?>
    		</div>
    		<?php endif; ?>

So the $gallery_classes above would print the orientation class (like top center, left, etc.) – I have this on each slide so the user can choose the orientation. But I can’t get it to output. I’ve read the docs but I usually get a white screen!

Hope someone out there can help, thank you!

• Gallery classes is a select field that allows multiple choices?

• Hey John,

Its a select field that would only allow one choice. So, for example, a few choices might be: top, left, right, etc. But I’d only allow one to be selected to add the class.

Thanks for looking!

• okay, so I don’t see what would be causing an error that would give you a white screen, the first thing we’ll need to do is figure that out.

Edit wp-config.php and add the following, or adjust what’s already there.

define('WP_DEBUG', true );
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', false);

Then when you load the page we should at least be able to see what the error is that’s crashing the page.

• John,

OK so the problem turned out to be something with my PHP code later on after this code block – I didn’t properly close a PHP statement. Thanks for the debug options!

Everything works now – thanks a ton!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Select field in repeater to print css classes’ is closed to new replies.