Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Search ACF fields and display search results

Solving

Search ACF fields and display search results

• Hi, All.

I’m hoping someone can help. I am currently using the free version but will update to pro if I can resolve this issue. I have created a new ACF field group called ‘Role Number’ with the label ‘Roll or Pension Number’ and called it ‘role_number’.

I have then added the code below to functions.php to display the new column field. What I would like to do is make this column searchable via the search box on wp-admin/users.php.

I have limited knowledge in this area but would love to learn more.

add_filter( 'manage_users_columns', 'column_register_acf_id' );
    add_filter( 'manage_users_custom_column', 'column_display_acf_id', 10, 3 );
    function column_register_acf_id( $columns )
    {
        $columns['id_col'] = 'ROLL';
        return $columns;
    }

function column_display_acf_id( $value, $column_name, $user_id )
    {
      $user_info = get_user_meta( $user_id, 'role_number', true );
      if($column_name == 'id_col') return $user_info;
      return $value;
    }
    add_action ( 'manage_users_custom_column', 'column_display_acf_id', 10, 3 );

Thanks in advance for any help

• Thanks, Jemmy, for taking the time to share your code. You have an impressive profile—unfortunately, the code, when added to my funtions.php, throws up a few errors.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$'

• Thanks, John – definitely some great reading on customizing WordPress administration Filters. I’m still searching for a way to query the columns using the search users field. With 900 members searching by roll seems the best option.

• Sorry for not posting more than a link, but it’s a large topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.