Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Saving data to ACFs using AJAX POST

Solving

Saving data to ACFs using AJAX POST

• Hello,

I created a front-end form that allows a user to enter data to create a new flight log entry. I’m using AJAX to create the post. While the post is created and shows the title and content, I can’t get the data to save to the Advanced Custom Fields. I’ve registered the field groups and I’m using the field keys with update_field(). I’m not certain what I’m overlooking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

createLogEntry(e){
    var departure_field = $(“.new-flight-departure”).val();
    var arrival_field = $(“.new-flight-arrival”).val();
    var title = (date + ‘ ‘ + departure_field + ‘ ‘ + arrival_field);
    var content = $(“.new-flight-text”).val();

$.ajax({
    beforeSend: (xhr) => {
    xhr.setRequestHeader(‘X-WP-NONCE’, flightData.nonce);
    },
    url: flightData.root_url + ‘/wp-json/wp/v2/flight/’,
    type: ‘POST’,
    data: {
    action: ‘submit_log_entry’,
    title: title,
    departure_field: departure_field, //Advanced Custom Field
    arrival_field: arrival_field, //Advanced Custom Field
    content: content
    },
    success: (response) => {
    console.log(“Congrats”);
    console.log(response);
    alert(‘Post has been saved.’);
    },
    error: (response) => {
    console.log(“Sorry”);
    console.log(response);
    }
    });
    }

function submit_log_entry() {

$title = $_POST[‘title’];
    $content = $_POST[‘content’];
    $departure = $_POST[‘departure_field’];
    $arrival = $_POST[‘arrival-field’];

$post_data = array(
    ‘post_title’ => $title,
    ‘post_content’ => $content,
    ‘post_type’ => ‘post’,
    ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’
    );

$post_id = wp_insert_post($post_data);

//Update departure field
    $field_key = ‘field_5ecb28b30812a’;
    update_field($field_key, $departure ,$post_id);

//Update arrival field
    $field_key = ‘field_5ecc33eb92cf4’;
    update_field($field_key, $arrival ,$post_id);

die();
    }

add_action( ‘wp_ajax_nopriv_submit_log_entry’, ‘submit_log_entry’ );
    add_action( ‘wp_ajax_submit_log_entry’,’submit_log_entry’ );

• On first glance, it looks like $arrival = $_POST['arrival-field']; is different than what’s being sent in the data object (arrival_field: arrival_field). One has a hyphen, while the other has an underscore.

Can you verify that the ACF data is being successfully sent along to the function? By printing or console logging?

• Thank you for taking the time to look at this. Here’s a snippet from the console log. It looks like the data for the ACF fields is empty.

_links: Object { self: (1) […], collection: (1) […], about: (1) […], … }

aircraft: “”

arrival_field: “”

content: Object { raw: “Test remarks.”, rendered: “<p>Test remarks.</p>\n”, protected: false, … }

date: “”

date_gmt: “2020-09-30T01:29:32”

departure_field: “”

• thank you for accepting me in your prestigious forum . it is a delight for me to be there with you and i shall be able to find myself with diverse news about the topic that are raising in this forum .

i wanted to describe myself, my friend is mike , i have been publishing all the items debated in the forum for a great life . i had not had the opportunities to creating an identity , but due to the interesting history you display online , i decide to do do and post an invited to be received by you .

for me it has been a real enriching experience to be in this forum , it has provided me the chance to have small discussions with peers who are additionally interested in this kind of topic . it has given opens the gates for me to hear different ideas and opinion .

i will further be happy to supply you with all the necessary material in the forum , such that you could have a report and there is a net , and that both you and i can use all the topics that may be share .

i have been very attentive to this forum , that is so , yet again i give you what grateful i am for had accepted my request to the forum . i shall leave you my profile address and some pages there i met interesting news .

i am a person who pays to researcher and reading about this topic , besides it is important for me to share this knowledge with members and families . i miss the welcome that they giving to new member to the forum .

i hope more boards like this will be creation , so that everyone has accessibility to this important information . i have therefore created the area available to other people such that they may create an account and be accepted in this forum .

i say goodbye , be placing the need to shares any data about this forum , i wil be constantly active to be continually update . twice , it is a pleasure to be part of this forum , see you later !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.