Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Save bug in Date Picker Field

Solved

Save bug in Date Picker Field

• Bram

• December 13, 2018 at 7:49 pm

With the Date Picker Field I get the follwing error when saving a page in Chrome:
    An invalid form control with name='' is not focusable.

This is caused that the dummy input field has no name. After giving the text-input a name in the class-acf-field-date_picker.php the bug is fixed.

• Bram

• December 13, 2018 at 10:48 pm

The error only occurs when the field is required and in a Repeat field.

• Rob

• December 14, 2018 at 5:24 am

Getting the exact same error with a required date field in a repeater. Giving the text input a name is indeed the fix. Can this be integrated in the next ACF-version?

• Bram

• December 14, 2018 at 5:26 am

I discovered that giving the field a name looks like it is fixed, but the Date field does not get saved. I now work-around it by making the field not required.

• Rob

• December 14, 2018 at 5:28 am

That’s weird. When I save the page the values do reappear.

• jonesch

• December 18, 2018 at 2:07 am

I ran into the same issue.
    It shows an empty name attribute, but has a required attribute on a hidden input element. I think it’s Chrome trying to focus on something that is hidden and a empty name attribute.

My workaround was the same, I ended up making those date fields in the Repeater field NOT required. That resolved the issue. Chrome can not let the post update.

• I had the same issue. Repeater with a required text field and a required date picker field. I did also have a separate required text field. I made them all not required which allowed me to update the page.

• Rob

• December 18, 2018 at 6:52 pm

This is solved in the latest update 5.7.9. Thanks Elliot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.