Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Same Relationship field for multiple Post Options sub-pages?

Solved

Same Relationship field for multiple Post Options sub-pages?

• How can I ensure that the data saved by a Relationship field when on an Options page for a Post type is separate?

Detail below:

I have an ACF field group, “Features”, containing a Relationship field.

It is intended to allow me to pre-set some featured posts for a couple of custom post types – “Reports” and “Articles”.

For those post types, I have created an Options sub-page like this…

// Support showcase Features for this post type, via ACF

if( function_exists('acf_add_options_page') ) {

// add sub page
    	acf_add_options_sub_page(array(
    		'page_title' 	=> 'Articles Features',
    		'menu_title' 	=> 'Articles Features',
        'menu_slug'   => 'articles-features',
        'capability'  => 'edit_posts',
    		'parent_slug' 	=> 'edit.php?post_type=article',
        'position'    => false,
        'icon_url'    => false
    	));

}

The same goes for “Reports”.

And then I apply the “Features” field group to both Options sub-pages – “Articles Features” and “Reports Features”.

The problem is… the data is the same.
    That is, the six Relationship posts set for “Reports Features” also show up in the Options sub-page for “Articles Features”.

How can I ensure that these two things are separate, so that I can save the features distinctly per post type, without recreating the field group?

Thanks.

• As @hube2 points out in the other linked thread, the method to use is…

In the acf_add_options_sub_page declaration, add 'post_id' => 'article' as a parameter.

This is how the field data, as entered on the Options page corresponding to my post type, will be saved.

On the display end, display using $featured_posts = get_field('featured_posts', 'article');

‘article’ and ‘report’ are both used.

In my case, at the display end, I use $queried_object->name to dynamically infer either ‘article’ or ‘report’ post types.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Same Relationship field for multiple Post Options sub-pages?’ is closed to new replies.