Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Same name for fields in the same group

Helping

Same name for fields in the same group

• Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could help me with this situation.

I have 5 fields in a group called „Localization”.

Field 1: Label: „State”; Name: „state”; Type: select; values from a:A to x:X.
    Field 2: Label: „City D”; Name: „city”; Type: select; values from aa:AA to xx:XX; condition: show this field if „State” value is equal to (let’s say) „d:D”.
    Field 3: Label: „City”; Name: „city”; Type: text; condition: show this field if „State” value is NOT equal to „d:D”.
    Field 4: Label: „Neighborhood SS”; Name: „neighborhood”; Type: select; values from aaa:AAA to xxx:XXX; condition: show this field if „City” value is equal to „ss:SS”.
    Field 5: Label: „Neighborhood”; Name: „neighborhood”; Type: text; condition: show this field if „City” value is NOT equal to „ss:SS”.

My question is, if there is a problem because I use the same name for Fields 2&3 (city) and for Fields 4&5 (neighborhood). Basically almost all the activity will happen in State d:D, City ss:SS, and for this I want to give to the users the possibility to easily operate with „select” type of fields, but there will be activity in other States, Cityes and Neighborhoods as well, and in this case the users will have to fill in, the names of the Cityes and Neighborhoods.

Many thanks for your time,
    Looking forward to hear news from you,
    Yours,
    Claudiu

• Yes. You cannot have fields of the same name, not only in this group but also in all groups that are used for the same post/term etc. This applies to all “top level fields” but does not apply to sub field of repeaters, flex fields, or group fields.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Same name for fields in the same group’ is closed to new replies.